HSBC, "The world's local bank" and official Wimbledon sponsor, today announced that it is bringing Wimbledon to New York, giving tennis fans a taste of all the tournament has to offer. "HSBC presents Wimbledon 2009 at Rockefeller Center" will feature a week of complimentary activities and events from June 22-26, including live daily screenings of matches at the HSBC outdoor viewing area and free tennis for the public on Manhattan's only grass court.
"The traditions and values of Wimbledon are a perfect match with those of HSBC, the world's local bank," said
In addition to the kick-off event, HSBC will host activities throughout the week that bring Wimbledon stateside:
- Live Wimbledon Screenings - Catch exciting match play daily on a giant screen TV from
7:00am to 5:00 pm, followed by classic tournament footage until 7:00pm. Tennis fans can enjoy their lunch or take a break while watching the action from a special seating area.
- Public Grass Court Play - Challenge friends to a match on the singles grass court, trimmed to Wimbledon's official 1/8" length. Tennis sneakers are required; Prince racquets and balls will be provided or players may use their own equipment.
Prince Sports, Inc. Tennis Clinics- Passerby can get tips from certified Prince tennis pros on June 23& 24 from 11:30am- 1:00pmand 5:30- 7:00pm, and on June 25& 26 from 1:00- 2:30pmand 4:00- 5:30pm.
- Photo with the Wimbledon Trophy - Through green screen technology, fans can pose with the Wimbledon trophy and walk away with a memento photo.
- EA Sports(TM) Grand Slam(R) Tennis game - Play EA Sport's new video game at kiosks in the viewing area. Sign up on-site for a "Grand Slam(R) Tennis" tournament to be held on the big screen on
June 25at 5:00 pmwhen the official Wimbledon broadcast ends.
- Strawberries & Cream Carts - Try a traditional English treat! Complimentary samples of strawberries and cream will be distributed
between 12:00 pm and 6:00 pmdaily, courtesy of California Giant Berry Farms.
- History of Wimbledon - Learn about the heritage and evolution of the world's most famous tennis event, from the grass courts to Wimbledon whites to the new roof that allows match play in all weather. HSBC also will unveil a "Champions of Wimbledon" mural by acclaimed artist
Rolf Harriscelebrating winners through the years.
- HSBC Cab Rides- Be on the lookout for the HSBC London cab. Johnny the Cabbie, HSBC's popular cab driver, will be driving through the streets of
Manhattanoffering complimentary rides to Rockefeller Center activities.
- City Parks Foundation Tennis Clinic -On
June 23at 3:30pm Jim Courierwill host an invitation-only tennis clinic for children selected by the City Parks Foundation, part of HSBC's ongoing sponsorship of the Foundation. Courier will take participants through a number of tennis drills and a Q&A session. California Giant Berry Farms will provide healthy strawberry snacks, Polo Ralph Laurenwill outfit clinic attendees.
About HSBC Bank
HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is the principal subsidiary of HSBC USA Inc. It has more than 470 bank branches throughout
Tishman Speyer is the co-owner and manager of Rockefeller Center, the world-famous real estate, shopping and dining complex in the heart of midtown
|Your name: *|
|Your email: *|
|Recepient's email: *|
|Enter code: *|